- Wild Sockeye Salmon:
- Oil: Extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil, grape seed or avocado oil all work well.
- Kosher Salt: Kosher salt is a coarse salt that works well for cooking and more even application.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground is recommended for extra flavor.
- Lemon Slices: Garnish
Preheat grill on high.
- Reduce grill heat to medium-high heat.
- Generously coat your wild salmon (whole sockeye salmon or individual wild sockeye salmon portions) in olive oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle wild sockeye salmon with salt and pepper.
Start grilling wild Alaskan sockeye salmonskin side down for 3-5 minutes. You will see the sides of the fish start to cook.
- Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes until done. FDA recommends a safe internal cooking temperature of 145° for fish such as wild Alaska sockeye (note: it is always best to check FDA for any updates).
Note:Do not close the cover while grilling.
We will have the fresh stock back in August. Please subscribe to our newsletter to get firsthand information or like our Facebook page.